Secure your Pensacola chimney for the future with our relining or waterproofing services.
Sadly, chimneys are frequently constructed from highly porous materials. Imagine it as a massive sponge soaking up water every time it rains. As time passes, the water permeates the chimney and can degrade your chimney, causing leaks and leading to more significant issues. This deterioration is exacerbated by seasonal changes when your chimney retains water, and the temperature plummets, leading to the freeze-thaw effect. This is where water expands as it freezes, causing larger pathways for water to seep into your chimney when it thaws.
This type of maintenance hasn't been available for long. Nowadays, we can prolong the lifespan and overall appearance of your Pensacola chimney by applying a top-quality waterproofing product that effectively keeps out water, while still allowing your chimney to breathe and function as it should. If your chimney is five years old or older, we recommend waterproofing.
By code, nearly all chimneys have a liner inside them to shield your home from the heat of a fire. The liner safeguards your chimney from the destructive effects of fire's by-products, which would gradually harm the mortar joints. This will curtail the life of the chimney and will eventually let those harmful gases into your home. The liner also helps keep heat away from adjacent combustible materials in your home.
Some reasons to reline your Pensacola chimney
- The existing lining might be old and deteriorating
- New appliances may necessitate a resizing of the flu
- Your historic home in Pensacola might have a chimney that was built without a liner at all
Relining materials and options
Chimney liners are primarily made of clay tile, metal, or cast-in-place masonry. Each method has its advantages.
- Clay Tiles: The most prevalent and least expensive material used is clay. They have demonstrated efficacy when properly maintained. However, relining a chimney with clay tiles is almost impossible, as it would typically need to be entirely demolished and rebuilt.
- Metal: In terms of prefabricated liners, we believe that stainless steel is the only way to go. We install stainless steel liners in Pensacola with lifetime warranties if inspected and swept annually by a certified sweep.
- Cast Masonry: The old liner is typically removed for a cast masonry liner. A new one is cast, bonding to the inside of your chimney, sealing cracks, gaps, and other deteriorated areas, forming a seamless liner. This is another excellent option that can reinforce the chimney in a historic Pensacola home and provide a long-lasting solution regardless of the fuel you're using.
Contact ARC in Pensacola for your chimney repair.
If you suspect you might need your chimney relined, have any concerns about whether water is entering your chimney, or you just want to investigate preventative measures to ensure it doesn't happen, schedule your appointment with ARC in Pensacola today.
Fill out the form below or call us at (850) 760-0123.
Schedule your appointment today.
Choose our experienced chimney care team and call now to schedule your appointment.(850) 760-0123